Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Maile Collmer 7/17/12 speech

From Maile Collmer 7/17/12 One of the benefits of being in this Toastmasters’ group is that I can practice speaking on topics for my business. This week I spoke on Social Capital as it relates to Networking. I will be speaking about Networking at two chamber events this week so this was a great exercise in working out some of my topic ideas. Because I was working on completing my Competent Communication Award in Toastmasters, I formatted my speech to fit my last speech in that manual. Toastmasters is great at giving you many different ways to structure a speech, different aspects to work on your speaking skills, and a variety of strategies I might not thought of otherwise. I left this one for last, “Research Your Topic”. It was number seven out of ten. The cool thing is you don’t have to do the speeches in perfect order. With this speech I completed my Competent Communication Certificate, yay! Next I will be working on speeches from the Persuasive Speaking and Professional Speaker advanced manuals. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment